03/01/2014

1984 Cabinet Papers

I see the BBC has another of their excellent UK Confidential programmes that looks at 1984 If the past programmes are anything to go by these are fascinating insight into what was really happening at the time with commentary from people who were involved.

If you missed I expect it to be included at their podcast home for these programmes.

I can't recommend too highly listening to these programmes if you are interested in understanding the past and how it affects us now. I was fascinated by 1978 as I listened to it during the media storm around Ed Milliband's promise to put a price freeze on energy costs. During that programme they discussed incomes and prices policies and how it just about brought Government to a standstill as the Cabinet Office got bogged down in deciding the wages and prices for quite small firms. Something for the left to reflect on as they call for more control of the economy.


No comments:

Post a Comment